Monday, May 3, 2010

Ghostworld

Ghostworld was another one that had trouble holding my interests. It had some encounters or unsavory characters that slightly peaked my interest, but it never lasted long. I think it’s because this is a kind of anti-coming-of-age story for these two teenage girls. I couldn’t relate to the main characters at all, so I was never engrossed in the story and never really cared about it.
Enid annoys the hell out of me. She so negative and can’t just learn to enjoy the word around her or make the best of it. She’s what I would call a Debbie downer, only darker. She tends to remind me of the old cartoon show Daria.
I wouldn’t recommend this to any guys, but it may be a good read for teenage girls. I’m interested to hear more of a female perspective on this book, to see if they would be as annoyed by these characters as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment